Free Walking tour Saint Emilion
BOOK NOW: GET 10%OFF ON THIS TOUR
OVERVIEW: Free Tour Saint Emilion
Discover the picturesque medieval village of Saint Emilion on this brand new Free Tour with us. Did you say WINE? Saint Emilion has soooooo much more to offer: a hermit that changed bread to wood, the origin of the famous macaron, the biggest monolithic and many more interesting stories
Join us and explore one of the most beautiful villages of France, Saint Emilion, on our free walking tour. Saint Emilion is world famous for its wine and vineyards but the village itself has also a lot to see and discover.
We will visit the most important places and some hidden gems on this Free Tour of Saint Emilion, which is an UNESCO world heritage site since 1999 and the first vineyards in the world to achieve this designation.
We will walk and talk about the Past, Present & the Future of Saint Emilion:
- Did you know that the first citizen of Saint Emilion was Ausonius, now one of the most prestigious wine château known as Château Ausone,
- Hear the miracle story of the hermit Emilion who gave the village its name in the 8th century,
- Learn the history of the biggest Monolithic church in Europe,
- Walk on the cobble streets of Saint Emilion while understanding to the 100 year of war between France & England,
- Hear the stories of the prestigious châteaux owners who rebelled during the French Revolution,
- Discover the local, traditional food and wine history of Saint Emilion with the recommendations of the best restaurants in Saint Emilion,
- And much more!
Join our Free Walking Tour of Saint Emilion and explore the best monuments like the Tower of kings, The Brunet Gate, the Cordelier Convent & its picturesque views with your young & friendly guide on this 1.5h tour with us.
OUR ENGLISH FREE TOUR OF SAINT EMILION STARTS IN SUMMER 2023!
Discover the Best rated Bordeaux tours: Lowest price + 10% OFF
Promo code : WELCOME
VIDEO REVIEW OF OUR CLIENTS
Important Information about this Free tour around Saint Emilion:
Este tour se lleva a cabo en INGLÉS, para español, haga clic aquí.
This is a Free Tour: You decide the donation you will give to the guide for this experience. An average tip for this tour is 12€ per person.
Our Free Tour Saint Emilion is designed for individuals and small groups. We cannot accept groups of more than 6 people (also not with separate reservations). This is a company policy in order to provide an excellent experience for all our clients. If you are a bigger group, please contact us.
This is the Most Eco friendly tour in Bordeaux. We use Recycle Umbrellas, Recycle I pads & work with Organic wine bars & Châteaux.
If there are less than 4 reservations we will have to cancel the tour – sorry!
If you cannot book a specific date or time (probably because there are no more spots available), please write us a message.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING OUR FREE TOUR AROUND SAINT EMILION
How to get to Saint Emilion from Bordeaux?
Arrival by Train: The train ride from St Jean Train Station in Bordeaux to St Emilion Train station is 35 min to 55 minutes. Arrive at least 20 min before the tour starts, as it takes 15 min walking to reach the starting point from the station.
By car: arrive early to search parking, all parking in and around St Emilion is paid.
More transport information here.
Please plan enough time for travel and parking to reach the meeting point on time for the tour start. The guide cannot wait for late arrivals.
- Bring Walking Shoes
- Unfortunately Strollers & wheelchair access is limited (stairs, cobblestones)